The Arc’s Recreation staff develops a calendar each month announcing events to all of The Arc’s adult consumers, families and employees. Whether it is participating in a sport event, learning a life skill or enjoying a social activity—there is literally always something going on that is fun. But that is not the end of the story. These activities are designed to:
- Provide constructive use of leisure time
- Contribute positively toward physical, mental, and emotional health
- Enhance the quality of life and
- Create a way to cultivate friendships and partnerships in the community
The Arc Recreation Department provides a variety of services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Public transportation to and from events may be available through NJ Transit’s Access Link.
- Adult Evening Classes
- Holiday Parties
- Socialization Club
Organized training and team participation is offered on a seasonal basis in the following sports. Sports competitions are offered at the conclusion of each season through the Special Olympics of NJ.
- Basketball Skills and team
- Table Tennis
- Floor Hockey
The Golf program is one of the newest and most popular recreation activities.
- Players learn golfing skills and etiquette from a golf professional
- Golfers may become qualified to participate in golf competitions offered by the Special Olympics of NJ