- Appliances, large
- Artificial Christmas trees over 3′
- Baby equipment (cribs, strollers, car seats)
- Computers and computer equipment
- Drapery and curtain rods
- Exercise equipment
- Furniture in poor condition (ripped, torn, stained or in need of refinishing)
- Items that require cleaning or repair
- Mattresses, box springs and bed frames
- Medical supplies
- Paint or chemicals
- Pianos or organs
- Rugs, large
- Toys that have been recalled (contain lead or are another safety hazard)
- Vinyl window decals (can contain Phthalates which are harmful chemicals)
- Televisions sets or monitors
Use this form to record your donation to The Arc Makes Cents, Too Thrift Shops.
Thanks for your support.
“Just because you paid $1,000 for a suit doesn’t mean it’s worth that when you donate it. If you’ve never been to a thrift shop or don’t know what a fair market value for an item may be, pants and blouses range in value from $2 to $8, and books can be priced from $1 to $3. These prices offer a good general guide and someone at the thrift shop can help you make an accurate accounting.
It may be tempting to fudge on that blank form you’re given when you make a charitable donation, but your $3 sweater just isn’t worth $50 — and the IRS knows it.”
The Arc Makes Cents, Too Thrift Store is seeking Volunteers for their Northfield location. PT Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Sunday for candidates 18 years of age or older. Work in a fun, friendly environment sorting clothing and house hold items, putting merchandise out on floor for sale, and assisting with merchandising, pricing, inventory and displays. You will also help to keep the store tidy and maintained. Customer service experience recommended. Volunteer training will be provided. Receive 50% discount on most items. Inquire by visiting The Arc Makes Cents Too Thrift Store, located in the Tilton Shopping Center, 331 Tilton Road, Northfield, NJ 08225. Click the button to get started with the easy-to-use online application.