Employment Services enables adults with disabilities to obtain and maintain competitive employment within the local community. Agencies, such as The Arc of Atlantic County, must be approved by the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (NJDVRS) in order to provide these services.
We received our approved vendor status in 2003. The following services are provided:
- Assist with the development of a job seeker career goals and identify local
employers who offer employment opportunities which meet these specific goals
- Develop pre-employment skills with the job seeker e.g. writing resumes, practicing interview techniques, completing job applications, etc.
- Develop job matches with the job seeker by meeting with local employers to discuss possible career goals as well as the nature of The Arc of Atlantic support systems
- Schedule and attend job interviews between the job seeker and prospective employers
- Provide job coaching to the individuals who have obtained employment. In this phase the job coach will train the individual in all necessary job duties and requirements, on the actual job site
- Provide long term follow along supports to both the individual and the employer. This requires on-going contact with the employer and worker as well as providing any additional job training, if needed