The Arc is the world’s largest community based organization of and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. With a strong network of members and affiliated chapters, The Arc is able to improve systems of supports and services, connect families, inspire communities, and influence public policy.
The Arc of Atlantic County has been active in your community since 1961, and currently supports hundreds of local individuals and families who are dealing with the challenges of day-to-day life.
Your membership supports advocacy at the national level and ensures that your neighbors with disabilities have the supports they need to grow, develop and live in the community. When you support The Arc, you are supporting:
The Arc is a major defender of human rights, advocating for the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities so that they may be full citizens of the United States.
The Arc provides information and support to families of individuals with developmental disabilities across the country and at the local level.
The Arc maintains a focus on the role of research to enhance the quality of life for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc actively advocates for inclusion of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in research. The Arc disseminates research results and information to help individuals and families stay abreast of research developments.
Membership Benefits Include:
• Participation in the activities of The Arc at the local, state and national chapters.
• Reduced cost at conventions, conferences and special trainings.
• A subscription to The Arc of the United States’ national newsletter, Empower, with information on the organization and current legislation in effect for people with I/DD.
• Inclusion in The Arc of Atlantic County’s Special Events and Membership Activities.
• Discount at The Arc Makes Cents (Ventnor) and The Arc Makes Cents, Too (EHT) Thrift Stores