Salary: Starting $15.00 per hour, 24 hours per week
Programs: Supported Employment
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age and have a Bachelors’ Degree or High School diploma/GED and two years experience working with persons with developmental disabilities; ability to work independently; ability to establish and maintain relationships with consumers, employers and members of other organizations.
Description: Assist consumers to obtain and maintain competitive employment in a respectful and safe manner.
- Successfully complete the Supported Employment Specialist Training(s) or equivalent DDD pre-service training; Arc Orientation; CPR and First Aid; Preventing Abuse and Neglect; Medication; Medication Administration; Behavior Modification; and any other training required by the supervisor, within 120 days of date of hire
- Assess each person with developmental disabilities assigned, to clearly identify the goals and abilities of the individual, complete task analysis, coordinate job training with employers, etc.
- Assist residential staff with coordinating transportation to and from the job or to provide travel training to assist the person to get to his/her job independently
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of disability laws, Social Security regulations, work incentive guidelines available to individuals with disabilities and their employers
- Maintain a professional liaison and communication with families, residential staff, employers, community members, etc.
- Participate in the IHP process and attend IDT meetings as a member of the individual’s interdisciplinary team
- Initiate and maintain contacts with perspective employers
- Work with employers to restructure jobs to match the goals and abilities of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Conduct job site job and task analysis and identify modifications and accommodations appropriate for individuals with disabilities