Essential Functions of a Registered Nurse:
RN needed to provide nursing consultation to staff and the individuals they support who have intellectual & developmental disabilities. Develop policy, train staff, and serve as a liaison with medical facilities. Knowledge of DDD regulations and psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
Qualifications of a Registered Nurse:
- Education/Experience: Must possess a Registered Nurse degree and license which is valid in N.J. Must have 5 years community nursing experience and two years experience working with people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate well in English with consumers, all levels of staff, family members and other persons in the community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse:
- Provide in-service & orientation training to staff on medical/health care & preventative health strategies to assure overall health & safety of the people we support.
- Provide consultation to consumers and staff about good health practices & good nutrition.
- Serve as a resource for staff to help them manage difficult medical concerns (i.e., diabetes, cancer, medical issues related to aging).
- Provide individualized nursing care as needed to people living independently.
- Assist with managed care coordination & access to health care services.
- Serve as a liaison with hospitals, crisis centers, physicians’ offices and families
- .Assist in overseeing medication administration in the residential, employment and recreation programs assure policy adherence. Develop and or revise policies and procedures as needed
- Must have a valid, NJ driver’s license (non provisional/non probationary)
- Primarily M-F days
- Excellent benefits package