Education/Experience: Associate Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university preferred (experience may be substituted for education). High School diploma or GED required. One year of experience in direct care work in human services, preferably with individuals with developmental disabilities. Valid New Jersey driver’s license required. College work in related field may substitute for experience.
Job Duties include:
- Document progress of individual and/or family goals, support and activity plans
- Monitor progress of the individual
- Maintain timely, accurate logs and records
- Provide individuals personal care (feeding, bathing, dressing toileting, lifting, etc.) as needed
- Facilitate activity schedules
- You must be able to provide support and redirection to adults and children who display challenging behaviors
- Supervise individuals served
- Transport individuals as needed
Working Conditions/Hazards: Work is active and is performed within the consumer’s home as well as in the community. The behavior of consumers may change dramatically due to environmental or medical conditions among others, which may, at times, create hazardous situations. Lifting of heavy objects, or persons may be required. You may be required to provide individual support which must be offered in a dignified fashion in the areas of toileting, showering, and any other areas of hygiene, ranging from intermittent to pervasive levels.