Supported Employment helps to enable adults with disabilities to obtain and maintain employment within the local community. The Arc of Atlantic County has been approved by the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (NJDVRS) to provide these services since 2003.
The Arc of Atlantic County can and will assist individuals with a disability to register with NJDVRS. Any adult registered with the NJDVRS, and who is no longer attending a formal school program, is eligible to participate.
Our Supported Employment staff can provide the following services and activities:
- Assist with the development of a job seeker career goals and identify local employers who offer employment opportunities which meet these specific goals
- Develop pre-employment skills with the job seeker e.g. writing resumes, practicing interview techniques, completing job applications, etc.
- Develop job matches with the job seeker by meeting with local employers to discuss possible career goals as well as the nature of The Arc of Atlantic County’s support systems
- Schedule and attend job interviews between the job seeker and prospective employers
- Provide job coaching to the individuals who have obtained employment. In this phase the job coach will train the individual in all necessary job duties and requirements, on the actual job site
- Provide long term follow along supports to both the individual and the employer. This requires on-going contact with the employer and worker as well as providing any additional job training, if needed.
There is no fee for Supported Employment Services. Job seekers will be responsible for any costs involved in using public transportation to and from job sites. Our trained staff will assist with travel training all job seekers who live near a public transportation route.