Job Title: Billing Specialist
Salary Range: $18-24 per hour, depending on experience
Schedule: Part Time 16 hours per week
Requirements: BA Degree in a related field, plus two years of experience in a finance department utilizing a general ledger and computer programs.
- Knowledge of medical billing & collection practices/regulations
- Computer literate
- Able to operate basic office equipment
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Essential Functions: Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and reconciling accounts with various contracts including, Medicaid, DDD, Public Partnerships and Individual Service Plan Invoicing.
- Prepare and submit process work in progress and billing to ensure that all client invoices are billed accurately, consistently within client requirements and on a timely basis
- Track turnaround times for the billing cycle
- Answer questions from consumers, support staff, clerical staff and insurance companies
- Research and resolve billing issues with external and internal clients
- Code, enter, reconcile and balance payables and internal accounting records
- Manage AR transactions such as cash, direct deposits, terminal cash and credit card payments as they relate to daily invoicing and billing submittals
- Manage Internal accounting records, such as journal entries and GL account reconciliations
- Prepare, review and send statements as requested by the billed entity
- Perform various collection actions including contacting clients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers