Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
We are looking for a leader to oversee The Arc’s Supported Employment program.
Lead a team to assist individuals to obtain and maintain competitive employment in a respectful and safe manner.
- Successfully complete the Supported Employment Specialist Training(s) or equivalent DDD pre-service training; Arc Orientation; CPR and First Aid; Preventing Abuse and Neglect; Medication; Medication Administration; Behavior Modification; and any other training required by the supervisor, within 120 days of date of hire
- Assess each person with developmental disabilities assigned, to clearly identify the goals and abilities of the individual, complete task analysis, coordinate job training with employers, etc.
- Assist residential staff with coordinating transportation to and from the job or to provide travel training to assist the person to get to his/her job independently
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of disability laws, Social Security regulations, work incentive guidelines available to individuals with disabilities and their employers
- Maintain a professional liaison and communication with families, residential staff, employers, community members, etc.
- Participate in the IHP process and attend IDT meetings as a member of the individual’s interdisciplinary team
- Initiate and maintain contacts with perspective employers
- Work with employers to restructure jobs to match the goals and abilities of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Conduct job site job and task analysis and identify modifications and accommodations appropriate for individuals with disabilities
Requirements:Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience in some combination of administration, staff supervision, and working with people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities
Communication Skills:Must be able to respectfully communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing with consumers, all levels of staff, family members and other persons in the community.
Judgment/Initiative:Must be able to use good judgment in dealing with issues/emergencies, as well as staff related issues. Must work well independently and maintain a good working relationship with supervisor.
- A working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license and a driving record with less than 5 points
- Must have completed DDD DSP training
- Must also have completed the series of 4 DDD Employment Foundations Training Sessions
- Pre-Employment physical/mantoux