Salary: $36,000 – $40,000
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree plus at least one year of experience working with adult (18 or older) individuals with developmental disabilities.
Experience must be the equivalent of a year of full-time documented experience working with adults (18 or older) with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Assist participants in gaining access to needed program and State plan services, as well as needed medical, social, educational and other services.
- Develop and maintain the Individualized Service Plan with the participant, their family (if applicable), and other team members designated by the participant.
- Schedule and facilitate planning team meetings
- Monitor the provision of services included in the Individualized Service Plan.
- Write the Individual Service Plan based on assessed need and the person-centered planning process with the individual and the planning team.
- Link the individual to needed services and supports and assists the individual in identifying service providers as needed.
- Maintain a confidential case record an insure that all required documentation is uploaded into the iRecord system in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that the services and supports remain within the allotted budget and monitor the delivery of services.
- Complete Support Coordinator deliverables as required by phone, face to face, or home visit and complete any required documentation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the services operated by other local, state, and federal agencies
- Provide information, support individuals to advocate for themselves, and link individuals to advocacy resources but not serve as the advocate for the individual/family.
- Reports progress and events to supervisor.
- Complete professional development assignments as required each year
- Provide information and referral/case management support for other individual in the community as assigned.
- Cooperate with The Arc and Division/Department staff in any inspection or investigation.
Working Conditions/Hazards: Work is active and is performed within the consumer’s home as well as in the community. The behavior of consumers may change dramatically due to environmental or medical conditions among others, which may, at times, create hazardous situations. Lifting of heavy objects, or persons may be required. You may have exposure to individuals with Hepatitis B, or other blood borne pathogens. You may be required to provide individual support which must be offered in a dignified fashion ranging from intermittent to pervasive levels.
- Must have a valid, NJ driver’s license (non-provisional)
- Successfully complete training required by the Division